About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

eternity

if i close my eyes
i can hear the stillness of the mountains
the birds perched unseen in tall trees
that reach out to the heavens
and bring back the cool breeze
that soothes troubled minds
and weary hearts
so that hope remains alive
and plays its part.
from terraced rows wafts in the
fragrance of ripe peaches and apricots
and they linger in one's sight
long after dusk, when the mountains
and the skies above are lit up
by countless lights that
gaze down at the
solitary figure in the window seat
still as the mountains, a speck of eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment