About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

To my son (2)



In a world full of uncertainties ----
where no day is like the one that passed

months of turmoil, peace that doesn't last
raging storms come and go
sunshine touches the weary soul
fragrant flowers reach out sometimes in all their glory
leaves that crunch beneath my feet tell another story

You, my son, are the only one ---

whose courage never falters
whose wisdom does not fail
whose smile welcomes Life
whose presence soothes the frail

I am blessed to have you in my life
you, my dearest son, make it all worthwhile

No comments:

Post a Comment