About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

mascot



A hawk descended on my window sill today

I watched it awhile in quiet fascination

the regal attitude,the fierce expression

fearlessly it looked me in the eye

before it flew away


I think I will make it my office mascot

and be fearless and fierce

as I plod my way

through the solitary file

that winds up on my desk

during the course of the day


one has to be the manner born

to combine idleness with a regal mien

so a complete transformation will not take place !

(priya)

8.9.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment