About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Resolution



the road stretches ahead endlessly

no rest, no respite

from the rain and wind

the sun that scorches mercilessly



I lift my hands despairingly

no help, no grace

from Him ---if He be--

meets the hope flickering weakly



So be it.



I return to smiling cheerfully

no regret, no tears

in the eyes---dry as dust--

that blink, and blink again resolutely



to see beauty in the rain

power in the wind

warmth in the sun

and measure the distance to eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment