About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Sunday, September 6, 2015

betwixt now and then

the sight from the french windows
is a pretty one , I know
the golden yellow of the laburnum
the pretty pink of the madhumalti
the spiky aloe vera coming along fine
as are the slender green chillies
the trailing lengths of the syngonium
the orange blooms of the cactii
the sweet basil not quite straight and tall
I had placed it in the shade mistakenly
I think I"ll draw the curtains and inhale the beauty
dust to dust, but betwixt now and then, there's much to do and see

No comments:

Post a Comment