About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

violet



today I choose violet
and ask myself
if the world were black and white
would it still be an enchanting sight

or if only violet were absent
would it make a difference
there are the violet flowers I see
on the neighbour's pretty trellis
sometimes the sky turns a pale violet
when yellows, oranges and reds merge at sunset
meadows abloom with flowers are pink and yellow and white
rarely are violet flowers one's object of delight
between radiant red and shrinking violet
I would choose the red any day
Violet neither excites, nor soothes an anxious heart
Tell me, if you can, its dull or somber part.
(priya)

No comments:

Post a Comment