About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

nice

If I had my way
- - - perhaps I will some day
The impossible happens
At least, it is known to happen
Though I have but dreamt of it
But rag pickers become millionaires
And icons lay bare their feet of clay
So it may happen that I have my way
To prohibit ban excise forever
From all speech written and oral
One word, but one word , so
That it does not even remain a memory
And ceases to torture those like me
Who feel - - nice? Could there be a word more bereft of meaning
There is good and there is excellent
There is joy and there is exultation
There are sorrow and misery and renunciation
People are loving or deceitful or full of enchantment
The sunrise is glorious sunset is resplendent
The sea roars or is soothingly silent
The wind blows fiercely at times
And at others is but a gentle breeze
The world is radiant or full of mystery
Fortune favours or ill favours but is never quiescent
Please oh please drop NICE from the vocabulary!
(priya)

No comments:

Post a Comment