About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I

yun gumaan hota hai baazu hain mere saath karor
aur afaaq ke had tak mere tan ki had hai
dil mera koh o daaman, dasht o chaman ki had hai
mere keese mein hai raaton ka siya faam jalaal
mere haathon mein hai subhon ki inaan e gulgun
meri aagosh mein palti hai khudai saari
mere maqdoor mein hai mojza e kun fayakun
( Faiz Ahmed Faiz)

it seems to me I have a thousand arms
my body stretches as far as the horizons
my heart beats in hiills,vales, deserts and gardens
the glory of the dark night fills my satchel
in my hands I hold the reins of roseate dawn
in my embrace flourishes the Universe
the miracle of Creation I have the power to perform
( translation ----Priya VKS)

No comments:

Post a Comment