About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

To my son



As nimbly as his fingers race across the piano keys

my thoughts race from the present to the past

and return to the unsmiling face,

hearing in his head the music

that he so magically renders

for those of us who care to hear

and smile in pleasure and recognition.

I wonder if he will find the harmony that

so eludes ambitious minds and avaricious souls

and hear the magic of the Universe ---

the starlit nights,the whispering leaves

the eternal rocks,the grains of sand ---

and touch the calm within.

No comments:

Post a Comment