About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

a new name


#APoetAtHeart

Its Sunday
a day as good as any other
I think I will adopt a new name today
not my father's
he loved me, but nearly killed me
with his larger than life dreams
not my husband's
he seems to think it grants him unlimited
ownership rights
on my soul heart and body
not my mother's
she lives an insular life, having put behind
her all her aspirations since papa died
I am not much of a patriot and therefor rule
out Bharatiya
Some Punjabi traits are irksome and remind me
of Kiron Kher so
here too a firm NO
Perhaps I should look
to the life I want to live
to fly high to fly solo
above worldly turmoil
amidst rolling clouds
there IS a name for me then,
a name for Life's aficionada
I think I'd like to call myself Priya Garuda
(priya)

No comments:

Post a Comment