About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

demonetisation

#PoetAtHeart
#Demonetisation

sometimes i get swept away by my words ---
like a monstrous wave were knocking me off my feet 
and dragging me into a dark pool of mindlessness ----
and i begin to believe myself and the promises i make 
and you, who doubt me , and throw facts in my face
and think i will back away , know that i am the master of my destiny and yours and your children's
so pay heed, listen, cheer, get swept away with me
we may yet be redeemed
---- if the darkness turns into oblivion , you ask ---
i have no answer, my head is swollen too large for thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment