About me

A mother, wife and civil servant, a conscientious citizen and patriot ----- my abiding love for books has made me try my hand at writing poetry, none of which is anything but the strictly spontaneous outpouring of a mind that prizes truth and harmony, above all else.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Father dearest


eighteen years ago
he was taken away
the pain is dull now
the grief is not coal dark
but grey
I no longer rush to the phone
and imagine I will hear him ask
gudiya, are you doing ok
tears don't flood my eyes
when I talk about him
though it is rarely that I do
because the old resentment rears its head
and I ask Him
what did I do
to have my father taken away
just when he was settling
down to live a simple life of
deep content
with his children and grand children
having spent decades getting ready to
I rarely speak of him
and some would suspect that
I have forgotten
but every moment I spent
with my father
is a memory etched in colours
that cannot fade
on my mind's canvas
I am what I am
because that is how he made me
and in joy and grief
in celebration and sorrow
in rare moments of deep peace
I looks heavenwards and ask him.
papa, are you satisfied
with what I have so far made of my life,
the life you gave me
(PVKS)

No comments:

Post a Comment